Free writing, editing, and publishing resources
Clients of Book Editing in the grand tradition and website visitors have easy access to all the free resources for writers offered on the affiliate website Helping You Get Published. Click on the RESOURCES button at the top of the home page or go directly to the main resources page to access:
• Articles on writing, publishing, and editing
• Information for self-publishing authors
• Links to book and writing sites
• Tips for writers seeking agents & publishers
• Memoir writing help
• Guides to the book trade
• How-to videos on writing for publication
Here on the Book Editing website, you can check out highlights in the history of book printing and publishing, from Gutenberg to Google and beyond. Take a look at the timeline and find out where your book fits in the grand tradition of book publishing . . .
If you have questions about publishing or self-publishing a project and working with a professional book editor, whether in-house or freelance, the following articles will be of interest:
- Meet Your Destiny—What Writers Should Know about Editing and Editors
- Freelance Editing—Fallacies and Facts Watch the video version . . .
- Professional Book Editing—More than Meets the Eye
- Self-Publishing—New Options for Writers
- From First Growth to Maturity—Developing a Publishable Manuscript
Can't find what you want to know?
Email and ask the editor. . .